Followers

Friday, June 28, 2013

TV ?

TV?  What is that?  Ours has been non-existent nearly a week now.  Not the TV ... but the satellite dish , who knows for sure why.  But after a couple of days of getting the "771" error message we gave up and called and ordered a new power cord as well as an a/c d/c converter.  We have the Automatic Wineguard Carryout antenna, love it too. However; when it doesn't get FULL power it don't work.. LOL  We are pretty confident that the power cord and/or the 12V connection is the culprit.
NOTE:  I get NOTHING by mentioning Wineguard...no compensation of any kind, in any form.
Mention of Wineguard is strictly blog content.

  UPS tracking says it will arrive tomorrow and I am sure enough ready for it, and praying that IS the solution.  JEN will head to the hardware store in Cotulla to pick it up tomorrow afternoon.  If all else fails, we still have several  months of the warranty left.

Just a bit of FYI here...since we are in the middle of the oil patch and have no 'physical address' only a P.O.  Box...  when we need a package delivered we use the Ace Hardware store in Cotulla, the folks there are so very helpful and allow this for pretty much anyone who needs the service.  They do it at NO CHARGE , I must add.  Just friendly neighbors to their community.  Awesome, right?

We have had everything from lawn chairs ordered from QVC to memory cards for the camera shipped there, and never had one item lost, damaged, or stolen (like from your own front porch).

I really miss my 'idiot box' .. I mean common what else is there to do between vehicles coming thru the gate in the wee hours of the a.m.   I really miss TV on nights like tonight.  We are transitioning from coil tubing to flowback, and the traffic is slow but steady.  About 1 or 2 vac trucks every half hour.  The first part of the night I attempted to nap on the couch, but gave up once I realized the bell was gonna rouse me up every half hour .  Don't know about you, but for me NO sleep is better than being constantly awakened.

Now a pic for your enjoyment

 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment